Get the Right Size Power Paws
With the right size, the benefits of Power Paws dog socks will be beyond your wildest dreams! We will work with you to get that feeling! We offer 13 sizes across 2 distinct foot shapes enabling us to say “Power Paws fit virtually all dogs.” We also have size guides by weight, breed, and foot print, but just as not all people in your family have the same size feet, not all dogs of a particular breed have the same size feet! Our guides are useful, but not 100% perfect. Based on your feedback, we’ll work with you to exchange to what may work better for your particular dog.
** First, choose your Foot Shape:
Power Paws come in TWO Foot Shapes — Regular and Greyhound. Most dogs do wear our Regular shape. Our Greyhound Shape is meant for dogs with hare feet — simply long, skinny, “rabbit” shaped paws. Typical breeds with hare feet include Italian Greyhounds, Miniature Poodles, Whippets, Australian Shepherds, Standard Poodles and Greyhounds, but any individual dog may have hare feet. In fact, often the working and herding breeds have this shape in the back!
Regular shape Power Paws come in 8 sizes; and Greyhound Edition Power Paws come 5 sizes. Our weight and breed guides (below) and our printable foot print guides (right) can help give you the best fit for your dog. Be sure to print the Paw Print Size Guides at 100%!
Note: The easiest way to determine foot shape is to look at the pad group on the bottom of your dog’s paw. Check front and back pads because many breeds need two sizes or two shapes for the best fit.
—-> Pick Regular foot shape if the pad group is about as long as it is wide, or
—-> Pick Greyhound Edition if the pad group is far longer than it is wide.
Breed & Weight Guide for Power Paws REGULAR Foot Shape
Our size guides are based on averages. Your dog’s feet may not fit the guides. For example, a 45-pound Basset Hound often wears an XL, not M as weight suggests, because Basset Hounds have large, wide feet.
Breed & Weight Guide for Power Paws GREYHOUND Style
** Third, choose your durability level: We offer 3 generations of Power Paws, or as we like to call them, 3 durability levels.
– Power Paws. Good enough for most dogs. Issues, when there are any, tend to be with nails poking through the toe. These are not being replaced, so they are going away and may not be available in all colors.
– Power Paws Advanced. Our 2nd generation product. The patented reinforced toe has proven very beneficial to those who need it. These are available in the most popular colors, meaning some seasonal colors are not yet available in this style.
– Power Paws Reinforced Foot. The newest Power Paws product line. Designed for the most rugged outdoor uses, these wear longer on abrasive surfaces like pavement and sand.
Do I Have the Right Size?
If the size is right, Power Paws will stay on when playing, climbing stairs, walking, etc. A proper fit is a snug, stretched sock allowing the elastic to hold the sock in place.
- A good fit is snug. You can put a finger in the sock. It will stay in place while moving about.
- The sock is too small if with your fingers inside to stretch the sock, you can’t put it on your dog’s foot no matter how much you stretch it.
- The sock is too large if it flops, falls off, sags.
- The sock is close to fitting if it twists but doesn’t fall off immediately. If it rotates so the grip is on the side or top of try the washing instructions on the Q&A page. If this doesn’t help, call us for an exchange.
Please also see our Use & Care Instructions to help ensure that your Power Paws last a long time.
If you choose a size and it’s not right, we will exchange it for a different size for just a small postage/handling fee. Please call customer service for details and exchange instructions.